help -- OnSubmit not firing

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joe Befumo, Feb 16, 2006.

  1. Joe Befumo

    Joe Befumo Guest

    The essential elements are shown below. Basically, when I press the SUBMIT
    button, the checkFields() function isn't firing as I would expect. I've
    tried adding ot to the button line like so: action = "checkFields()" but
    that doesn't work either. Thanks.

    Joe

    <%@ Language=VBScript %>
    <head>

    script language="javascript">

    function checkFields() {

    }}

    </script>

    </head>
    <
    <form id="Form1" action="Subscribe.asp" method="post" onSubmit="return
    checkFields()">

    <input id="Submit1" type="submit" value="Submit" name="Submit1">

    </form></td>

    Joe Befumo, Feb 16, 2006

  2. Joe Befumo

    Lee Carnell Guest

    "Joe Befumo" <> wrote in message
    > The essential elements are shown below. Basically, when I press the SUBMIT
    > button, the checkFields() function isn't firing as I would expect. I've tried
    > adding ot to the button line like so: action = "checkFields()" but that
    > doesn't work either. Thanks.

    Wrong NG

    Try this - it works for me..

    <script language="javascript">
    function checkFields(theForm) {

    </script>

    <form id="Form1" action="Subscribe.asp" method="post" onSubmit="return
    checkFields(this)">
    Lee Carnell, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Joe Befumo

    Joe Befumo Guest