help -- OnSubmit not firing

Joe Befumo

The essential elements are shown below. Basically, when I press the SUBMIT
button, the checkFields() function isn't firing as I would expect. I've
tried adding ot to the button line like so: action = "checkFields()" but
that doesn't work either. Thanks.

Joe

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<head>

script language="javascript">

function checkFields() {

}}

</script>

</head>
<
<form id="Form1" action="Subscribe.asp" method="post" onSubmit="return
checkFields()">

<input id="Submit1" type="submit" value="Submit" name="Submit1">

</form></td>

Lee Carnell

Joe Befumo said:
The essential elements are shown below. Basically, when I press the SUBMIT
button, the checkFields() function isn't firing as I would expect. I've tried
adding ot to the button line like so: action = "checkFields()" but that
doesn't work either. Thanks.

Wrong NG

Try this - it works for me..

<script language="javascript">
function checkFields(theForm) {

</script>

<form id="Form1" action="Subscribe.asp" method="post" onSubmit="return
checkFields(this)">

Joe Befumo

thanks -- I'll give that a shot.

Lee Carnell said: