    I've tested in Firefox and IE6.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Marc
    Marc, Apr 6, 2006

  2. Marc

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Marc <>
    declaimed:

    > http://webdev.beasolutions.com/grc/
    >
    > For some reason I can't get this to print correctly. I had it resize
    > the main #width to ensure the title gets on the page, but the image
    > under the navigation on the left is still being chopped off.
    >
    > I've tested in Firefox and IE6.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?

    Well, I dunno, but this line:

    #heading { height: auto; width: auto; padding: 0px 0px 30px -100px;}

    is wrong. Negative padding is not valid in css. (-Last I heard.)

    Did you check your css and html at the w3c validator?

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.
    Neredbojias, Apr 6, 2006

  3. Marc

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Marc" <> wrote in message
    > http://webdev.beasolutions.com/grc/
    >
    > For some reason I can't get this to print correctly. I had it resize the
    > main #width to ensure the title gets on the page, but the image under the
    > navigation on the left is still being chopped off.
    >
    > I've tested in Firefox and IE6.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Marc

    I know there are lots of people who have strong views on this and would
    disagree with me, but I think the underlying problem is that you've gone for
    a fixed width design. Okay, your menu and image on the left hand side have a
    fixed width - quite reasonable, but there is no reason to set the width of
    the page. Try changing your design to allow it to use the full width of the
    browser window - but let it adjust. I think you'll find that your printing
    problem then goes away by itself.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Apr 6, 2006
  4. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Brian Cryer wrote:
    > I know there are lots of people who have strong views on this and would
    > disagree with me, but I think the underlying problem is that you've gone for
    > a fixed width design. Okay, your menu and image on the left hand side have a
    > fixed width - quite reasonable, but there is no reason to set the width of
    > the page. Try changing your design to allow it to use the full width of the
    > browser window - but let it adjust. I think you'll find that your printing
    > problem then goes away by itself.

    I think you're right. I'm generally against fixed width designs, but
    this isn't my design, I'm just trying to fix it.

    If nobody can suggest a solution to this problem I'll go back to the
    designer and have him change it to a 80% width or something similar.

    Marc
    Marc, Apr 6, 2006
  5. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > To further the education of mankind, Marc <>
    > declaimed:

    How noble of me, I didn't realise my contribution was so valuable ;)

    >>Does anyone have any ideas?

    > Well, I dunno, but this line:
    >
    > #heading { height: auto; width: auto; padding: 0px 0px 30px -100px;}
    >
    > is wrong. Negative padding is not valid in css. (-Last I heard.)

    Good point, I hadn't spotted that.

    > Did you check your css and html at the w3c validator?

    It's not my design. The designer is supposed to validate it before
    sending it to me, but I'll run it through validators just to make sure.

    Thanks for your input.

    Marc
    Marc, Apr 6, 2006
  6. Marc

    Jose Guest

    > If nobody can suggest a solution to this problem I'll go back to the designer and have him change it to a 80% width or something similar.

    That won't fix the problem, it will exacerbate one problem with another,
    and in one particular browser it will cancel out.

    line width.

    Jose
    --
    Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.