    creating file object. Surprisingly, the "rb" mode is not working on Linux..
    raising EOFError.

    Why is this happening?
    Surya Kasturi, Apr 2, 2013

  2. Surya Kasturi? 2013?4?2????UTC+8??10?54?25????
    > Hi, hope you can help me on it..
    >

    > with open(pickle_f, 'r') as fhand:
    >         obj = pickle.load(fhand)
    >

    > This works on linux but not in windows until  I use "rb" mode while creating file object. Surprisingly, the "rb" mode is not working on Linux..raising EOFError.

    Just use a decorator with a pass in parameter about the OS
    to wrap the two versions in different platforms.

    By the way any function can be saved in a variable to
    be passed around means that the lambda 1-liner is not
    necessarily required in Python.

    In C++, the sub-classing with virtual membership function
    reload mechanism is the equivalent part.
    88888 Dihedral, Apr 7, 2013

  3. Surya Kasturi? 2013?4?2????UTC+8??10?54?25????

    88888 Dihedral, Apr 7, 2013