Help: pickle module unable to load "rb" mode files in linux

Surya Kasturi

Hi, hope you can help me on it..

with open(pickle_f, 'r') as fhand:
obj = pickle.load(fhand)

This works on linux but not in windows until I use "rb" mode while
creating file object. Surprisingly, the "rb" mode is not working on Linux..
raising EOFError.

Why is this happening?

8

88888 Dihedral

Surya Kasturi? 2013?4?2????UTC+8??10?54?25????
Hi, hope you can help me on it..

with open(pickle_f, 'r') as fhand:
        obj = pickle.load(fhand)

This works on linux but not in windows until  I use "rb" mode while creating file object. Surprisingly, the "rb" mode is not working on Linux..raising EOFError.
Just use a decorator with a pass in parameter about the OS
to wrap the two versions in different platforms.

By the way any function can be saved in a variable to
be passed around means that the lambda 1-liner is not
necessarily required in Python.

In C++, the sub-classing with virtual membership function
reload mechanism is the equivalent part.