Help Please, How to Include .JS file into aspx page.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SSW, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. SSW

    SSW Guest

    Hi!

    I want to include .JS(JavaScript file) to my aspx file.

    I used the following tag.
    <script language="javascript" src="Utility.js" type="text/javascript">

    After compling my page and executed in Browser, I get Error as below
    unable to find script library
    '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_288/webUI_Validation.js". Try placing
    this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regis -c'

    I commented out the <script language="javascript" src="Utility.js"
    type="text/javascript">
    and executed in browser, no error.

    Yes ran aspnet_regis -c, But didn't helped.

    Any suggestion advice for this, Please.

    TIA(Thanks in Advance.)

    sswalia
    MCSD, MCAD, OCA
    SSW, Dec 9, 2003

  2. SSW

    SSW Guest

    Hi!

    found the problem.

    I was making a mistake.

    actually below tag
    <script language="javascript" src="Utility.js" type="text/javascript">
    should be
    <script language="javascript" src="Utility.js"> </script>

    Thanks,

    sswalia

    SSW, Dec 9, 2003