HELP please - incompatible types in assignment

Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello. My name is Martin. I was wondering if someone could please help me out. The problem is that when i compile this function i get an error message saying the following:

In Function handle_delete:
p6-server.c:184: error: incompatible types in assignment
p6-server.c:185: error: incompatible types in assignment
p6-server.c:186: error: incompatible types in assignment

This is my program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <time.h>
#include "net.h"
#include "p6.h"

#define MAX_MESSAGES 10
#define MAX_USERS 10

struct message {
char from[STR_LEN];
char date[STR_LEN];
char message[MSG_LEN];
};

struct user {
char name[STR_LEN];
int num_msgs;
struct message messages[MAX_MESSAGES];
};

/ * removed funtioncs */

void handle_delete(CONNECTION_ID connection, struct user users[], int num_users) {
char leuser[MSG_LEN];
int i,j, nowmesg;
char Get[MSG_LEN];

printf("in handle delete\n");
read_string(connection, leuser, MSG_LEN - 1);
i = Locate (users, num_users, Get);

/*Number of messages of Ith user*/
nowmesg = users.num_msgs;
read_string(connection, Get, MSG_LEN - 1);
strcpy(users.messages[nowmesg].from, Get);

for (j = 0; j <= nowmesg; j++) {
line 184 users.messages[j].message = '\0';
line 185 users.messages[j].from = '\0';
line 186 users.messages[j].date = '\0';

any suggestions??

Last edited: