HELP Please javaScript for flash detection On Click

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by kevin, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. kevin

    kevin Guest

    kevin, Oct 20, 2003

  2. kevin

    McKirahan Guest

    "kevin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > meta refresh tag is failing , it is supposed to go to the entry1.htm
    > site which is the flash swf file but it doesn't
    >
    > check code please
    >
    > http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kevindauth/
    >
    > thanks
    > kevin

    Looking at your code I didn't see anything like :

    URL=http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kevindauth/entry1.htm">

    McKirahan, Oct 20, 2003

  3. kevin

    kevin Guest

    Sorry I updated the index file here is the code
    I'll put it up now as
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kevindauth/test.htm

    thanks for the effort I'm hanging to fix it.

    kevin:)

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <TITLE>index</TITLE>

    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="10"
    URL="http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kevindauth/entry2.htm">

    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgcolor="#000000">

    <!-- URL's used in the movie-->
    <!-- text used in the movie-->
    <OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"
    WIDTH="18" HEIGHT="18" id="index" ALIGN="">
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="index.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000000> <EMBED src="index.swf" quality=high
    bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH="18" HEIGHT="18" NAME="index" ALIGN=""
    TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    kevin, Oct 20, 2003
  4. kevin wrote:

    | Subject: Re: HELP Please javaScript for flash detection On Click

    The subject should provide a summary of your posting. Don't use `HELP'
    (especially not in caps) or stuff like that there because this is not
    a support but a discussion newsgroup.

    > meta refresh tag is failing , it is supposed to go to the entry1.htm
    > site which is the flash swf file but it doesn't
    >
    > check code please

    You do not need a single JavaScript line here. Use

    <object ...>
    alternative
    </object>

    and user-agents which don't have the Flash plugin installed (or not
    the version your movie requires) will display `alternative' content,
    whatever that may be. `alternative' may also be contained in an
    `embed' element while this is contained in the `object' element.
    The `embed' element, however, is not part of (valid) HTML and you
    should avoid it where possible although it may be supported by some
    UAs.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Oct 21, 2003
  5. kevin

    kevin Guest

    ahhh nope still a mistery did anyone actually try the test.htm link

    thanks
    kevin

    kevin, Oct 21, 2003