Help Please - JBuilder 9 + JDK 1.5

Discussion in 'Java' started by Newbie, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. Newbie

    Newbie Guest

    I have been using Jbuilder 9 for only a short period of time and still
    trying to learn Java overall.

    I downloaded the new JDK 1.5 and when I set the project properties to use
    that JDK version it gives me the folllowing error :

    "myGui.java": cannot access javax.swing.JFrame,bad class file:
    C:\jdk1.5.0\jre\lib\rt.jar\javax\swing\JFrame.class,class file has wrong
    version 49.0, should be 48.0,Please remove or make sure it appears in the
    correct subdirectory of the classpath. at line 7, column 26

    My system path is as follows:

    %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;C:\jdk1.5.0\bin

    The "myGui.java" works fine with the "java version 1.4.1_02-b06" that was
    installed along with JBuilder9 without throwing any errors.

    Can someone tell me what i require to do in order that i can use the new JDK
    with JBuilder9 please. I am interested in the nano timer of the new JDK.

    Thanks!

    Newbie, Oct 6, 2004

  2. On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:41:48 -0500, Newbie wrote:
    >I have been using Jbuilder 9 for only a short period of time and still
    >trying to learn Java overall.
    >
    >I downloaded the new JDK 1.5 and when I set the project properties to use
    >that JDK version it gives me the folllowing error :

    Hello, you'll need JBuilder 2005 to use the new JDK 1.5.
    You can download a the Enterprise Trial at http://www.borland.com
    However, if you want to learn Java, you can better stick to Java 1.4 for
    the moment, it doesn't have an advantage to use JDK 1.5 then.

    --
    Gerbrand van Dieijen

    Gerbrand van Dieijen, Oct 7, 2004