Help please - RSS for WinMobile2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by J.Alberto, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. J.Alberto

    J.Alberto Guest

    Hi

    I must develop an application a RSS Reader for Windows Mobile 2003
    (Smartphone), with VB.NET

    1. Which software do I need ?**
    2. Do I need electronic knowledge to do this?
    3. I have to choose between GSM and CDMA or doesn't matter?

    ** I downloaded the following, but don't which will I use or need:
    - Visual Basic.NET Resource Kit
    - Microsoft Smartphone 2003 SDK
    - MobileAppDevToolkit2004
    - Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Emulator Images for Smartphone - WWE

    + I have Visual Studio .NET 2005 Beta 1 (DVD)
    + I can have Visual Studio .NET 2002 Pro

    Thanks,
    J.Alberto
    Caracas-Ve

    J.Alberto, Nov 20, 2004

  2. TH VS 2005 beta will work but you'll need to wait to release. Otherwise you
    need VS.NET 2003.

    --
    Steve Maillet
    EmbeddedFusion

    Steve Maillet \(eMVP\), Nov 22, 2004

  3. J.Alberto

    Eric Guest

    J.Alberto wrote:

    > I must develop an application a RSS Reader for Windows Mobile 2003
    > (Smartphone), with VB.NET

    There's an open source RSS reader in VB.NET here (download newsreader):

    http://weblogs.asp.net/trobbins/archive/2004/10/15/242883.aspx

    This is fine if you don't need it for commercial purposes.

    Eric

    Eric, Nov 22, 2004