Help Pliz ! stuck on page 4 of tutorial

Adolfo

Hello everyone, I am a newbie starting Fredrik Lundh .pdf tutorial. Running W2000.

I am stuck in page four "Hello Again" program:
When I try running it, it shows the root Python window very fast and
dissapears. The intended Tk window with buttons: either does not
show, or dissapears fast before I can tell it is there. The first
program on the tutorial did run fine.

Here's the program as shown on the tutorial:

from Tkinter import *

class App:

def_init-(self, master):

frame = Frame(master)
frame.pack()

self.button = Button(frame, text="QUIT", fg="red", comand=frame.quit)
self.button.pack(side=LEFT)

self.hi_there = Button(frame, text="Hello", command=self.say_hi)
self.hi_there.pack(side=LEFT)

def say_hi(self):
print "Hi there, everyone !"

root = Tk()

app = App(root)

root.mainloop()

Any help will be much appreciated,

Adofo Aguirre
Santa Barbara, CA

Peter Otten

Adolfo said:
[...]

If you have cut and pasted here exactly what you fed to the Python,
proofreading should help. (Hint: def_init- and comand)

Peter

Logan

Hello everyone, I am a newbie starting Fredrik Lundh .pdf tutorial. Running W2000.

I am stuck in page four "Hello Again" program:
When I try running it, it shows the root Python window very fast and
dissapears. The intended Tk window with buttons: either does not
show, or dissapears fast before I can tell it is there. The first
program on the tutorial did run fine.

Here's the program as shown on the tutorial:

You had a lot of typos in your code;
here's a corrected version which should work.

HTH, Thomas.

from Tkinter import *

class App:
def __init__(self, master):
frame = Frame(master)
frame.pack()

self.button = Button(frame, text="QUIT",
fg="red", command=frame.quit)
self.button.pack(side=LEFT)

self.hi_there = Button(frame, text="Hello",
command=self.say_hi)
self.hi_there.pack(side=LEFT)

def say_hi(self):
print "Hi there, everyone !"