    I program with ASP VBScript. Would like to know its MIME type so I can have
    my own extension like what others do.

    Thanks!

    Eric Wang, Oct 13, 2004

  2. By default it will be "text/html". Unless you change it do something else,
    such as XML like this:

    <%
    Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
    %>

    Jonathan Chong, Oct 13, 2004

  3. Eric Wang

    Eric Wang Guest

    Does using it as text/html process its ASP Codes in the script?

    Eric Wang, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Eric Wang

    Eric Wang, Oct 13, 2004
  5. No. That merely formats the data sent to te client.

    By default, using the .asp file extension will cause IIS to process the page
    using the asp.dll. other file extensions can be configured using IIS
    Manager. A Google search should provide the details.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"