HELP - Porting to .NET path?

Overworked

Hi,

I have a rather large (~1MB) CGI EXE written in Borland C++ Builder 6 that
uses the VCL which I need to port to a native .NET assembly to run on the
web.

I am considering using either CSharpBuilder or MSVS VB.NET or ASP.NET for
this. I am moderately familliar with standard VB and vanilla ASP and not at
all with CSharp (but would like to learn them all).

Why would I choose MSVS to port this CGI EXE to .NET? Should I choose
VB.NET or ASP.NET and why? Will I find MSVS easier to use because I am
familliar with std VB and ASP?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanx
Marcus.

Curt_C [MVP]

Even if you choose "ASP.NET" you still need to pick a language (vb.net, c#,
etc)
If you are coming from a C++ background I've heard C# is easier then VB.NET
(which is nothing like VB6 if that's what you were thinking).

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

Curt_C said:
If you are coming from a C++ background I've heard C# is easier then VB.NET
(which is nothing like VB6 if that's what you were thinking).

For a C++ background C# is a lot more comfortable. VB.net will drive most C++
progammers batty just because of long term habits C++ programmers have.