Help Prima work on WIndows!!

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by jis, Sep 17, 2007.

  1. jis

    jis Guest

    I am having really a tought time making Prima work on WIndows.
    I get an error "No appropriate Codec found"

    I have installed

    1. Prima 1.22
    2. Prima-prigraph-win32-1.01 from CPAN.
    3. I use WIndows xp.
    4. Visual Studio 6.0

    Anything I can do to make it work fine.

    My sample code was

    use Prima qw(Application);

    # create a new image from scratch
    my $i = Prima::Image-> new(
    width => 32,
    height => 32,
    type => im::BW, # same as im::bpp1 | im::GrayScale
    );

    # draw something
    $i-> begin_paint;
    $i-> color( cl::White);
    $i-> ellipse( 5, 5, 10, 10);
    $i-> end_paint;

    # mangle
    $i-> size( 64, 64);

    # file operations
    $i-> save('paint.gif') or die "Error saving:$@\n";
    $i-> load('paint.gif') or die "Error loading:$@\n";

    Cheers,
    Jis
    jis, Sep 17, 2007

  2. jis

    David Sudlow Guest

    jis wrote:
    > I am having really a tought time making Prima work on WIndows.
    > I get an error "No appropriate Codec found"
    >
    > I have installed
    >
    > 1. Prima 1.22
    > 2. Prima-prigraph-win32-1.01 from CPAN.
    > 3. I use WIndows xp.
    > 4. Visual Studio 6.0
    >
    > Anything I can do to make it work fine.
    >
    > My sample code was
    >
    > use Prima qw(Application);
    >
    > # create a new image from scratch
    > my $i = Prima::Image-> new(
    > width => 32,
    > height => 32,
    > type => im::BW, # same as im::bpp1 | im::GrayScale
    > );
    >
    > # draw something
    > $i-> begin_paint;
    > $i-> color( cl::White);
    > $i-> ellipse( 5, 5, 10, 10);
    > $i-> end_paint;
    >
    > # mangle
    > $i-> size( 64, 64);
    >
    > # file operations
    > $i-> save('paint.gif') or die "Error saving:$@\n";
    > $i-> load('paint.gif') or die "Error loading:$@\n";
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jis

    have you got libungif installed? I'd guess you are missing gif codecs or
    not pointing prima to them.
    David Sudlow, Sep 18, 2007