HELP: Python & Tkinter ?

PGMoscatt

Hi all,

Have just installed Fedora 3 and wish also want to give programming with
Python a go. I wish to develop GUI interfaces and believe that 'Tkinter'
is the way to go.

After installing Python frpm the distro CD I can't use the 'from Tkinter
import *' command. When I try, I get the error message below:

ImportError: No module named Tkinter

So from that I assume I need to install Tkinter ?
Should I also find this on the CD ? Is it known as another name as looking
on the CD I don't seem to find anything relating to Tkinter.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

Hi all,

Have just installed Fedora 3 and wish also want to give programming with
Python a go. I wish to develop GUI interfaces and believe that 'Tkinter'
is the way to go.

[snip: import Tkinter fails, probably due to missing package]

Perhaps this page helps:

http://www.python.org/2.4/rpms.html

Otherwise this would show up anything in the cd:

$ find /mnt/cdrom -name \*kinter\* -print

(/mnt/cdrom or whatever the name of the cd mounting directory in Fedora 3 is)

Fredrik Lundh

PGMoscatt said:
Have just installed Fedora 3 and wish also want to give programming with
Python a go. I wish to develop GUI interfaces and believe that 'Tkinter'
is the way to go.

After installing Python frpm the distro CD I can't use the 'from Tkinter
import *' command. When I try, I get the error message below:

ImportError: No module named Tkinter

So from that I assume I need to install Tkinter ?
Should I also find this on the CD ? Is it known as another name as looking
on the CD I don't seem to find anything relating to Tkinter.

according to

http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/How_20to_20install_20Tkinter

this should do the trick:

yum install tkinter