    on the CD I don't seem to find anything relating to Tkinter.

    Thanks in advance.

    Pete

    PGMoscatt, Mar 7, 2005

  2. On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:19:16 +1000, rumours say that PGMoscatt
    <> might have written:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >Have just installed Fedora 3 and wish also want to give programming with
    >Python a go. I wish to develop GUI interfaces and believe that 'Tkinter'
    >is the way to go.

    [snip: import Tkinter fails, probably due to missing package]

    Perhaps this page helps:

    http://www.python.org/2.4/rpms.html

    Otherwise this would show up anything in the cd:

    $ find /mnt/cdrom -name \*kinter\* -print

    (/mnt/cdrom or whatever the name of the cd mounting directory in Fedora 3 is)
    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Re: Python & Tkinter ?

    "PGMoscatt" wrote:

    > Have just installed Fedora 3 and wish also want to give programming with
    > Python a go. I wish to develop GUI interfaces and believe that 'Tkinter'
    > is the way to go.
    >
    > After installing Python frpm the distro CD I can't use the 'from Tkinter
    > import *' command. When I try, I get the error message below:
    >
    > ImportError: No module named Tkinter
    >
    > So from that I assume I need to install Tkinter ?
    > Should I also find this on the CD ? Is it known as another name as looking
    > on the CD I don't seem to find anything relating to Tkinter.

    according to

    http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/How_20to_20install_20Tkinter

    this should do the trick:

    yum install tkinter

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Mar 7, 2005
  4. PGMoscatt

    PGMoscatt Guest

    Re: Python & Tkinter ?

    Fredrik Lundh wrote:

    > "PGMoscatt" wrote:
    >
    >> Have just installed Fedora 3 and wish also want to give programming with
    >> Python a go. I wish to develop GUI interfaces and believe that 'Tkinter'
    >> is the way to go.
    >>
    >> After installing Python frpm the distro CD I can't use the 'from Tkinter
    >> import *' command. When I try, I get the error message below:
    >>
    >> ImportError: No module named Tkinter
    >>
    >> So from that I assume I need to install Tkinter ?
    >> Should I also find this on the CD ? Is it known as another name as
    >> looking on the CD I don't seem to find anything relating to Tkinter.

    > according to
    >
    > http://tkinter.unpythonic.net/wiki/How_20to_20install_20Tkinter
    >
    > this should do the trick:
    >
    > yum install tkinter
    >
    > </F>

    Thanks Fredrik, yep, that did the trick. Never seen this YUM thing but it's
    pretty trick.

    Pete

    PGMoscatt, Mar 7, 2005
  5. Fredrik Lundh, Mar 7, 2005