help -- qt, ruby, ms-windows?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by will, Sep 27, 2010.

  1. will

    will Guest

    Hi there...

    Is there someone who is successfully running qtruby with mswin32 and
    ruby 1.8.7 for qt v6.3?

    If that's you -- What did you need to install and do to get it
    working?

    Also for the qt people, I love the tutorials and examples -- BUT none
    of them say how to install a working set-up. If they do it is well
    hidden.

    All in all it seems that how the qt support is being done for ruby is
    far to complex. With ruby in particular the normal thing is just to
    load a gem and things work.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Will
    will, Sep 27, 2010

  2. Hi,

    On 27.09.2010 02:59, will wrote:
    > Is there someone who is successfully running qtruby with mswin32 and
    > ruby 1.8.7 for qt v6.3?

    Not exactly, I'm found this following versions to work for me on Windows
    7 64bit:

    ruby 1.9.1p430 ( rubyinstaller-1.9.1-p430 )

    And then from command line I installed "gem install qtbindings".

    qtbindings is afaik a recent approach because qtruby4 doesn't work out
    of the box for non-windows plattforms, at least it didn't for me.

    > Also for the qt people, I love the tutorials and examples -- BUT none
    > of them say how to install a working set-up. If they do it is well
    > hidden.
    >
    > All in all it seems that how the qt support is being done for ruby is
    > far to complex. With ruby in particular the normal thing is just to
    > load a gem and things work.

    I'm with you here, until I disocvered qtbindings. It still a bit rough
    and being worked on, though. I've set up a recent environment for python
    and Qt and it worked much more flawless.

    HTH,
    - Markus
    Markus Fischer, Sep 27, 2010