    What is missing ?

    best regards,

    joris
    jlambrecht, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Re: [help really needed] why does javascript login not reappear withiframe ?

    Hi,

    jlambrecht wrote:
    > Hello people,
    >
    > On a pure html page i have an iframe wich is used to show a login
    > (javascript dialog) to an intranet. Whenever the link is clicked once it
    > is not possible to make it reappear when for example having entered a
    > wrong username or password.
    >
    > What is missing ?

    From the sounds of it, what you should have is on the page nothing, but
    it then creates a mini-window in JS. Enter the password, test the reply
    and if it's not right, clear the input boxes and try again. When it's
    right, clear the mini-window.

    What you have is a transient window which only exists until you click on
    something. You either have to regenerate the transient or do something
    sensible - like having the html page have the input boxes, use CGI to
    test the entry and go from there.

    TTFN

    Paul

    --

    http://www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk

    Joy!
    Paul F. Johnson, Dec 23, 2004

  3. jlambrecht

    jlambrecht Guest

    Op Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:57:15 +0000, schreef Paul F. Johnson:

    > Hi,
    >
    > jlambrecht wrote:
    >> Hello people,
    >>
    >> On a pure html page i have an iframe wich is used to show a login
    >> (javascript dialog) to an intranet. Whenever the link is clicked once it
    >> is not possible to make it reappear when for example having entered a
    >> wrong username or password.
    >>
    >> What is missing ?

    > From the sounds of it, what you should have is on the page nothing, but
    > it then creates a mini-window in JS. Enter the password, test the reply
    > and if it's not right, clear the input boxes and try again. When it's
    > right, clear the mini-window.

    well, no. it's not my server but i can tell it's the ident-server being
    used by apache to handle authentication. Like i stated, though not that
    clearly, the authentication-box is shown once then no more. Browser
    restart is required.

    > What you have is a transient window which only exists until you click on
    > something. You either have to regenerate the transient or do something
    > sensible - like having the html page have the input boxes, use CGI to
    > test the entry and go from there.
    >
    > TTFN
    >
    > Paul

    Ehm, regenerate transient ? My english is not perfect ...

    Abous input boxes and cgi, i'm not supposed be handle that stuff in this
    situation. what i thought was maybe to put an onclick javascript ont the
    intranet link wich would refresh the link, but then again there would be
    some 'real' coding required to get the script from 'stopping' if the
    authencation did succeed.
    jlambrecht, Dec 23, 2004
  4. Re: [help really needed] why does javascript login not reappear withiframe ?

    jlambrecht wrote:
    > Op Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:57:15 +0000, schreef Paul F. Johnson:
    >>What you have is a transient window which only exists until you click on
    >>something. You either have to regenerate the transient or do something
    >>sensible - like having the html page have the input boxes, use CGI to
    >>test the entry and go from there.

    > Ehm, regenerate transient ? My english is not perfect ...

    By that I mean that once something is clicked, the transient is cleared.
    Either the server has to push back out a new page or a refresh is
    required. This is why I suggested having the form actually in the page
    as only the boxes are cleared and life becomes simple.

    > Abous input boxes and cgi, i'm not supposed be handle that stuff in this
    > situation. what i thought was maybe to put an onclick javascript ont the
    > intranet link wich would refresh the link, but then again there would be
    > some 'real' coding required to get the script from 'stopping' if the
    > authencation did succeed.

    Yep. I know that one quite well, however it's not that bad. In the JS to
    check (or the CGI) you just need to check if the entry is NULL (i.e.
    empty). If it is, return and say "nah, you've missed something out".

    TTFN

    Paul

    Paul F. Johnson, Dec 23, 2004