    I have a problem. When I had IIS 5.1 my Dreamweaver MX created
    ADODB.Recordset objects for my ASP pages. Everything worked great. But now
    it causes HTTP500 - Internal Server Error. What's up?
    sKodi, Jul 2, 2003

  2. sKodi

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    In Internet Explorer, goto tools -> internet options -> advanced, and
    uncheck "Show Friendly HTTP Errors" nd reload the page. Post the complete
    error message to the group.

    Cheers
    Ken

    "sKodi" <> wrote in message news:bdtlql$6mn$...
    : I have a problem. When I had IIS 5.1 my Dreamweaver MX created
    : ADODB.Recordset objects for my ASP pages. Everything worked great. But now
    : it causes HTTP500 - Internal Server Error. What's up?
    :
    :
    Ken Schaefer, Jul 2, 2003

  3. > it causes HTTP500 - Internal Server Error. What's up?

    Tell us what the error really is.
    www.aspfaq.com/2109
    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Jul 2, 2003
  4. sKodi

    sKodi Guest

    Here is the error message:

    Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
    Could not find file 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\websitesskodidata.mdb'.

    /TMP3tq47hehzc.asp, line 5

    Here is the source of sample file (TMP3tq47hehzc.asp), I've added some
    comments to the lines:

    <%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1251"%> //start of the file, defining
    ASP language and codepage
    <%
    // FileName="Connection_ado_conn_string.htm"
    //comment of DreamWeaver MX
    // Type="ADO"
    //comment of DreamWeaver MX
    // DesigntimeType="ADO"
    //comment of DreamWeaver MX
    // HTTP="false"
    //comment of DreamWeaver MX
    // Catalog=""
    //comment of DreamWeaver MX
    // Schema=""
    //comment of DreamWeaver MX
    var MM_main_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data
    Source=C:/websites/skodi/data.mdb" //connection string
    %>
    <%
    var Recordset1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
    //creating of recordset
    Recordset1.ActiveConnection = MM_main_STRING;
    //connection
    Recordset1.Source = "SELECT * FROM global_variables";
    //query
    Recordset1.CursorType = 0;
    Recordset1.CursorLocation = 2;
    Recordset1.LockType = 1;
    Recordset1.Open();
    //opening recordset
    var Recordset1_numRows = 0;
    %>
    <head>
    <title>Sample Document</title>
    </head>

    <%
    Recordset1.Close();
    %>
    sKodi, Jul 2, 2003
  5. > Source=C:/websites/skodi/data.mdb"

    These should be \ slashes, not / slashes.

    Or, better yet, use server.mappath so that you are not affected by changes
    to the local filesystem.
    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Jul 2, 2003
  6. sKodi

    sKodi Guest

    No, there must be backslashes. It worked well on IIS 5.0 and IIS 5.1 .
    However, I've solved this problem myself now. Thanks to Ken Shaefer for his
    advice about IE.
    sKodi, Jul 2, 2003