Help regarding autopostback.

trialproduct2004

hi all
i am new to asp.net
can some one tell me use of autopostback of dropdownlist.
When i set this property to true my selectionchanged event is getting
fired.
but when this property is set to false then event is not getting
raised.
why this is happening.
please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Guest

Autopostback = True means that when the dropdownlist selection is changed,
the page is immediately requested again from the server (allowing the
selection changed event to be handled immediately server side). Autopostback
= False means that initially nothing happens. However, a selection changed
event is raised, and the server will handle this event once the page is
requested again (due to another autopostback event for example).

Hope this helps,

Regards JanXL.nl

trialproduct2004

Hi
thanks for your reply.
but why it is happening that code in my onselectionchanged is not
getting executed
any help will be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Guest

Hi
thanks for your reply.
but why it is happening that code in my onselectionchanged is not
getting executed
any help will be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

I would need to see your code as well as html to understand your problem
better.

Regards JanXL