Help regarding Search facility

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by kev, Mar 23, 2008.

  1. kev

    kev Guest

    Hi,

    I am looking for a search facility in the mini site(intranet).....

    I want to use javascript for the search....

    I have used one normal search which i found in google.....

    which is almost like CTRL F .....

    But what am looking for is like ,

    in my page only a search text box and the search button be
    available....
    and while i type the word, it should search all the pages, and bring
    the results in this page,

    like

    2 pages found,

    >blah blah blah blah
    >blah blah blah blah

    and the moment i click on the links blahblahblah it should take me to
    the corresponding page where the result is found.....

    is this possible in javascript???

    i am using a intranet......not internet......

    but currently what i seen in the web is either type the info in the
    coding part and connect it to many pages.....which is not possible for
    many reasons....

    Please help.......

    kev, Mar 23, 2008