Help Request about 4.01 Strict

dorayme

Ed Mulroy said:
The messages in the news reader are threaded. You already know what the
quote at the bottom is because you see what is above. You do not have to
PgDn to see what is in this message. If you have already read the thread up
to this message and the subject line does not refresh your memory then you
can look at what is quoted at the bottom.

I think you have a highly restricted idea of how other folk
operate and think and what software they have. Take me, true I am
only visiting earth, but I am adopting earthly practices:

I use an essentially online reader which delivers only the latest
unread articles. To look at past posts, I have to do special
things. I won't go into it or the pros and cons at this point.
Suffice to say that it disadvantages those such as me to top post
or to fail to quote (with some trimming) for this reason alone.
But further than that, a confession: my memory is not exactly the
most brilliant at all times and I appreciate a timely reminder of
what is being replied to and timely is at the top.