!!HELP!!!! - Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes) error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by erin.sebastian@cowaninsurancegroup.com, Dec 1, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello All,
    I've never written code to upload in ASP before and now i have taken
    over someone elses code and am having problems with their file upload
    stuff (meant to upload pdf files). It looks to me like it's failing on
    the line that says Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes). I know that
    i am using POST in the form header and also
    enctype="multipart/form-data" (i don't know if that means anything
    thought) I have NO IDEA what's going on, i am relatively new to the old
    asp ways and i could really use a hand. THis is the function that has
    the line it's failing on. I should also say that the code is posted on
    the people who created it's website and it's working but won't work on
    my development server. Any tips would surely help i am STUCK

    Sub
    ProcessUpload(pau_thePath,pau_Extensions,pau_Redirect,pau_storeType,pau_sizeLimit,pau_nameConflict,pau_requireUpload,pau_minWidth,pau_minHeight,pau_maxWidth,pau_maxHeight,pau_saveWidth,pau_saveHeight,pau_timeout)
    Server.ScriptTimeout = pau_timeout
    pau_doPreUploadChecks pau_sizeLimit
    RequestBin = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)
    Set UploadRequest = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
    pau_BuildUploadRequest RequestBin, pau_thePath, pau_storeType,
    pau_sizeLimit, pau_nameConflict
    If pau_Redirect <> "" Then
    If UploadQueryString <> "" Then
    pau_Redirect = pau_Redirect & "?" & UploadQueryString
    End If'
    Response.Redirect(pau_Redirect)
    end if
    End Sub