help request: clahe.c Graphics Gems

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by stu7, Oct 6, 2003.

  1. stu7

    stu7 Guest

    +
    Sorry if this repeats.

    I've been trying to get clahe.c from Graphics Gems IV
    to run... however, it will not compile properly for me, from
    the code given in this book !

    ...here is a link to the code...
    (I edited it from html to text, and renamed it to clahe.c)

    http://www.acm.org/pubs/tog/GraphicsGems/gemsiv/clahe.c

    when using: gcc clahe.c -o CLAout

    ...I get an error about an object library, and "main"

    I dont know of a c debugger, so cant find where this error is
    occurring.

    stu7, Oct 6, 2003

  2. stu7

    Al Bowers Guest

    stu7 wrote:

    > +
    > Sorry if this repeats.
    >
    > I've been trying to get clahe.c from Graphics Gems IV
    > to run... however, it will not compile properly for me, from
    > the code given in this book !
    >
    > ...here is a link to the code...
    > (I edited it from html to text, and renamed it to clahe.c)
    >
    > http://www.acm.org/pubs/tog/GraphicsGems/gemsiv/clahe.c
    >
    > when using: gcc clahe.c -o CLAout
    >
    > ...I get an error about an object library, and "main"
    >
    > I dont know of a c debugger, so cant find where this error is
    > occurring.

    You need to use
    gcc clahe.c -c

    The file is a group of function definitions. There is no function
    main so it will not make an executable.

    The code compile for me. I did get a warning on this statement:
    pImage = &pImagePointer[-uiSizeX];
    The warning was about the suspicious unary minus operator.

    You need to write or include a function main into the file to make
    it executable.

    --
    Al Bowers
    Tampa, Fl USA