    because i can't verify if I've done the exercise well).

    Thank you in advance!

    Netlopa

    Netlopa, Jan 25, 2010

  2. Mike Treseler, Jan 25, 2010

  3. Netlopa

    backhus Guest

    Re: VHDL to Graphics

    On 25 Jan., 20:41, Netlopa <> wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I am a newbie on this language.
    > I am studing VHDL for the university because i've a exam next week ;)
    > Do you know a program that convert the VHDL source code into a visual
    > representation?
    >
    > I'm asking you this, because i have 2 type of exercises:
    > -Coding from a given architecture
    > -Transform code into a graphical representation (and this is the problem
    > because i can't verify if I've done the exercise well).
    >
    > Thank you in advance!
    >
    > Netlopa

    Hi,
    besides the various RTL-viewers that come with the synthesis tools
    there are also tools that do much more.
    e.g. Mentor Graphics HDL Designer.
    It can convert a HDL source into various types of graphical
    representation:
    - Block charts / schematics
    - State diagrams
    - Flow Charts

    Have a nice synthesis
    Eilert

    backhus, Jan 26, 2010
  4. Netlopa

    Tricky Guest

    Re: VHDL to Graphics

    On 25 Jan, 19:41, Netlopa <> wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I am a newbie on this language.
    > I am studing VHDL for the university because i've a exam next week ;)
    > Do you know a program that convert the VHDL source code into a visual
    > representation?
    >
    > I'm asking you this, because i have 2 type of exercises:
    > -Coding from a given architecture
    > -Transform code into a graphical representation (and this is the problem
    > because i can't verify if I've done the exercise well).
    >
    > Thank you in advance!
    >
    > Netlopa

    Quartus does have a block diagram editor, and it can convert the
    graphics into simple VHDL and vice versa. Its BDF files can only be
    compiled in Quartus though.

    In almost all real engineering, the architectural diagrams come before
    any coding starts.

    Tricky, Jan 26, 2010
  5. Re: VHDL to Graphics

    Tricky wrote:

    > In almost all real engineering, the architectural diagrams come before
    > any coding starts.

    But there is much working legacy code
    that has no such diagrams,
    and an RTL viewer is a leg up.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Jan 26, 2010
  6. On 5/1/2011 9:49 PM, Harrell31Ola wrote:

    > [Help request] VHDL to Graphics

    > freelance writer

    [Answer] Quartus Web Editon, RTL Viewer

    freelance reader