Help Required for Choosing Programming Language

sturlamolden

Most user apps. require 95% of coding effort to provide a usable user
interface and 5% effort on the algorithmic meat. The "afterwards" you
allude to. So why do we still endure so much programming effort on the
unimportant part?
Why should a programmer waste even so much as 10% of his effort to throw
together a standard interface with ordinary textboxes, labels, and option
buttons? Over and over again?

That is why at least two modern GUI toolkits (Microsoft's 'avalon' and
GTK with GLADE) export the GUI as an XML-resource from a graphical GUI
designer. It then takes only a line of code to import the GUI and
another to register the event handlers.