Help Required from professionals.. please

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Satya, Jan 5, 2007.

  1. Satya

    Satya Guest

    Hi all,

    I have added a user control in the home page in which I am using a
    imagebutton to show the images of the user's currentrly logged in.. . I
    have used a Datalist for that... in the user control and in the
    EditCommand I have redirected the page to that information...

    I am getting this error.. please help..

    Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled
    using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@
    Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes,
    this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events
    originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If
    the data is valid and expected, use the
    ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to
    register the postback or callback data for validation.

    I need a help from you ppl.. and I hope someone will

    THanks...

    Satya

    Satya, Jan 5, 2007

  2. Satya

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Satya" <> wrote in message

    > I need a help from you ppl.. and I hope someone will

    In fact, all you need to do is this:

    1) Launch your internet browser (IE, FireFox, Netscape, Opera etc)

    2) Navigate to http://www.google.com

    3) Enter the beginning of the error message in the box, e.g.

    Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled

    4) Hit the button

    You'll find dozens of webpages where this behaviour is discussed, with
    suggestions on how it can be avoided...

    Mark Rae, Jan 5, 2007