    What is going wrong?

    Thanks

    Dinesh

    Dinesh Upare, Aug 13, 2003

  2. "Dinesh Upare" <> wrote
    > we have a component which is hosted in MTS. This component internally uses
    > GetObjectContext
    > method and performs some actions based on the
    > Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER");
    > But if i run this component in ASP.NET the GetObjectContext method return
    > null object and hence not able to perform
    > any further actions.
    > If run the same component from ASP , it runs fine.
    > What is going wrong?

    Dinesh,
    Check out the following MS KB articles

    HOW TO: Access ASP.NET Intrinsic Objects from .NET Components Using Visual Basic .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319429

    HOW TO: Access ASP.NET Intrinsic Objects from .NET Components by Using Visual C# .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;810928

    HOW TO: Access ASP.NET Intrinsic Objects in a Visual Basic 6.0 Component
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;323259

    --

    Thanks,
    Carl Prothman