Help required

pepsi_kkhh

i am in beginning stage of java programming, i would like to develop a
java download manager which downloads a file at a particular url by
using 2 or 3 simaltaneous streams, please help me how to approach this
problem, i would like to know how to make this feasible and succesfull.
please help me out, i need this for my curriculam project.

Amigo

Chris Smith

i am in beginning stage of java programming, i would like to develop a
java download manager which downloads a file at a particular url by
using 2 or 3 simaltaneous streams, please help me how to approach this
problem, i would like to know how to make this feasible and succesfull.
please help me out, i need this for my curriculam project.

Sounds like you want to look into threads and the java.net.URL class.
First, though, you should make sure you have a solid grounding in the
language itself.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Roedy Green

i am in beginning stage of java programming, i would like to develop a
java download manager which downloads a file at a particular url by
using 2 or 3 simaltaneous streams, please help me how to approach this
problem, i would like to know how to make this feasible and succesfull.
please help me out, i need this for my curriculam project.

I suspect that would not get you the file any faster. You use
multiple streams to download multiple files.
There is a single stream download utility part of the FileTransfer
classes. See http://mindprod.com/products1.html#FILETRANSFER.

Then modify that to allow download of a chunk of the file. then add
your threads. Read up on http protocol. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/http.html