    please help me out, i need this for my curriculam project.

    Amigo

    , Jan 20, 2006

  2. Chris Smith Guest

    <> wrote:
    > i am in beginning stage of java programming, i would like to develop a
    > java download manager which downloads a file at a particular url by
    > using 2 or 3 simaltaneous streams, please help me how to approach this
    > problem, i would like to know how to make this feasible and succesfull.
    > please help me out, i need this for my curriculam project.

    Sounds like you want to look into threads and the java.net.URL class.
    First, though, you should make sure you have a solid grounding in the
    language itself.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jan 20, 2006

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On 20 Jan 2006 03:03:05 -0800, wrote, quoted or
    indirectly quoted someone who said :

    >i am in beginning stage of java programming, i would like to develop a
    >java download manager which downloads a file at a particular url by
    >using 2 or 3 simaltaneous streams, please help me how to approach this
    >problem, i would like to know how to make this feasible and succesfull.
    >please help me out, i need this for my curriculam project.

    I suspect that would not get you the file any faster. You use
    multiple streams to download multiple files.
    There is a single stream download utility part of the FileTransfer
    classes. See http://mindprod.com/products1.html#FILETRANSFER.

    Then modify that to allow download of a chunk of the file. then add
    your threads. Read up on http protocol. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/http.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jan 20, 2006