HELP: Ruby profiler crashes under MacOS X

theosib

I'm trying to run the Ruby interpreter with profiling enabled, but
when I do, I get a crash:

# ruby -r profile myprog.rb
[BUG] cross-thread violation on rb_gc()
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [universal-darwin8.0]

Abort trap

Any idea what's going on? Am I doing something wrong? If not, where
can I report this problem? Has anyone encountered it before?

Thanks!

theosib

I'm trying to run the Ruby interpreter with profiling enabled, but
when I do, I get a crash:

# ruby -r profile myprog.rb
[BUG] cross-thread violation on rb_gc()
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [universal-darwin8.0]

One thing I should point out: "ruby --version" reports 1.8.5.

Also, I'm using Fink, and it's confusing to me. Could the MacOSX
version be in one place, with Fink installing it in another?

Tim Pease

I'm trying to run the Ruby interpreter with profiling enabled, but
when I do, I get a crash:

# ruby -r profile myprog.rb
[BUG] cross-thread violation on rb_gc()
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [universal-darwin8.0]

One thing I should point out: "ruby --version" reports 1.8.5.

Also, I'm using Fink, and it's confusing to me. Could the MacOSX
version be in one place, with Fink installing it in another?

There is definitely something odd about your setup. The ruby version
generated by the profile error should be the same as the ruby
--version.

Try using the full path to your ruby executable. I'm not in front of a
mac right now, but I do believe that Fink puts everything into /sw

/sw/usr/bin/ruby <-- should be the Fink version

Give that a shot

Blessings,
TwP