Help - Run process through Web service without ASPNET user

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Aviad C, Oct 23, 2005.

  1. Aviad C

    Aviad C Guest

    Hello
    I created a web service that runs a new process whice is a vbscript.
    It all works well, i can see the wscript.exe running in the Task
    Manager under the user ASPNET but nothing happened.
    I did a little test, wrote a vbs that creats a folder but still nothing

    happened. it runs in the background doing nothing. no error, no
    exception.
    I changed the Web.config to use impersonate="true". after that even
    added the local Administrator to the userName of the impersonation but
    still nothing.
    I searched the web for 2 days, saw a lot of people had this problam but

    no one had a solution.

    The code is very simple:
    Process pRun = new Process();
    pRun.StartInfo.FileName = "c:/RunCommand.vbs";
    pRunCmd.Start();

    can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Aviad C, Oct 23, 2005