    grateful.You can contact me with email.My email is
    .Thanks very much.
    , Jan 10, 2008

  2. I would suggest breaking the project into stages. Right now you are trying
    to attack too many new items at once. I would suggest getting a good
    begining verilog or Vhdl design book. Since you have experience with
    programming The RTL coding should look familiar. You will just have to
    get in the habit of thinking of your RTL as hardware. Keep the algorythms
    simple.

    second stage: Buy an FPGA starter kit. Xilinx probably has a kit for the
    virtex chips. Write some simple RTL designs. IE Clock, traffic light
    controller. Download them to thr fpga and learn how the fpgas and RTL
    interact.

    third stage: buy some books on Serial Attached SCSI. Learn what sort of
    hardware should be used to make up the design. Map out which pieces you
    need to write RTL code(HW) for, and which pieces you can get away with using
    microcontroler code(SW) for.

    Fourth stage: Start the project.

    Dwayne Dilbeck, Jan 10, 2008