HELP - Session Restart on every request?!

kbrandl

I am using InProc, Cookieless Session State in my ASP.NET application
-- like this:

<sessionState mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424" sqlConnectionString="data
source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password=" cookieless="true" timeout="20"/>

The problem is that the Session restarts with each and every user
request. I can tell that Session is restarting with each page request
because 1) I can watch it do so in PerfMon, and 2) Session_Start in
global.ascx executes and writes to my log file with each request.

Please help -- how do I prevent Session State from restarting with each
and every page request?

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

if it really is restarting you should examine your config files to find out
what the setting is. Are you doing anything funky with code that you are not
saying?

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]