help: setting web folder as application folder in server

THY

Hi,

How do we set the web folder become application folder in order it can run
asp.net web application ?
I just complete my project and upload it to the server via ftp. But it can't
run as the folder do not have application setting. How do we set it ourself
remotely instead of request the admin to set it ?

thanks,
Tee

Alvin Bruney

you have to do this thru IIS administration tool. If you put it in the
virtual directory, IIS should automatically pick it up and you should just
be able to use an adjusted path to point to this new url

THY

let's assuming, I got the folder as application folder by default. but the
sub-folder are not !

if I want to have another asp web application inside the sub-folder, it's
not going to work.

Any solution for this ?

thanks.

Alvin Bruney

you mean asp.net? i am not knowledgable on asp classic.
it will work. put the directory where you want it to go. open iis manager,
find the virtual directory (new folder you just put) right click on it,
choose properties and click the tab that says create. that's it. in a
browser, point to that path.