    remotely instead of request the admin to set it ?

    thanks,
    Tee

    THY, Oct 14, 2003

  2. THY

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    Re: setting web folder as application folder in server

    you have to do this thru IIS administration tool. If you put it in the
    virtual directory, IIS should automatically pick it up and you should just
    be able to use an adjusted path to point to this new url
    "THY" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do we set the web folder become application folder in order it can run
    > asp.net web application ?
    > I just complete my project and upload it to the server via ftp. But it

    can't
    > run as the folder do not have application setting. How do we set it

    ourself

    Alvin Bruney, Oct 14, 2003

  3. THY

    THY Guest

    Re: setting web folder as application folder in server

    let's assuming, I got the folder as application folder by default. but the
    sub-folder are not !

    if I want to have another asp web application inside the sub-folder, it's
    not going to work.

    Any solution for this ?

    thanks.

    "Alvin Bruney" <vapordan_spam_me_not@hotmail_no_spamhotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:...

    THY, Oct 15, 2003
  4. THY

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    Re: setting web folder as application folder in server

    you mean asp.net? i am not knowledgable on asp classic.
    it will work. put the directory where you want it to go. open iis manager,
    find the virtual directory (new folder you just put) right click on it,
    choose properties and click the tab that says create. that's it. in a
    browser, point to that path.

    Alvin Bruney, Oct 16, 2003