    simple task, couldn't find any scripts that do exactly this.

    Thanks!!

    Monty
    Monty, Aug 16, 2004

  2. Monty

    Randy Webb Guest

    Monty wrote:

    > Hi, I have the following in my HTML document...

    > All I want to do is replace the above "File Saved" text on my page with
    > "Upload File" after about 5 seconds after the page loads again.
    >
    > Does anyone have simple code that can do this, or know of a place that has
    > this code? I've scoured a bunch of sites, but, because this is probably a
    > simple task, couldn't find any scripts that do exactly this.

    Search the archives for setTimeout and read the FAQ (down until Monday
    after lunch) with regards to dynamically changing a page.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Monty

    Monty Guest

    > Search the archives for setTimeout and read the FAQ (down until Monday
    > after lunch) with regards to dynamically changing a page.

    The FAQ isn't there. Monday's too late anyway.

    Anyone else have any suggestions, please?

    Monty, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Monty

    Randy Webb Guest

    Search the c.l.j archives at groups.google.com

    You can find the FAQ there as well, posted in plain text.

    --
    Randy
    Randy Webb, Aug 16, 2004
  5. JRS: In article <>, dated Sun, 15 Aug
    2004 19:34:57, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, Randy Webb
    <> posted :
    >Monty wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, I have the following in my HTML document...

    >> All I want to do is replace the above "File Saved" text on my page with
    >> "Upload File" after about 5 seconds after the page loads again.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have simple code that can do this, or know of a place that has
    >> this code? I've scoured a bunch of sites, but, because this is probably a
    >> simple task, couldn't find any scripts that do exactly this.
    >>

    >Search the archives for setTimeout and read the FAQ (down until Monday
    >after lunch) with regards to dynamically changing a page.

    Any reasonable News service will still have the News version of the FAQ
    which was posted last Friday; indeed should have all articles from at
    least a week or two back.

    Perhaps some of those whose sigs refer to the newsgroup FAQ and are not
    already full might add a reference to the FAQ in News? It requires only
    one line; see below.

    The code could be obtained by simplifying the start of my js-date2.htm;
    to which I have added an example using DynWrite from the newsgroup FAQ.

    FAQ is posted in <URL:news:comp.lang.javascript> thrice weekly in two parts.
    Dr John Stockton, Aug 16, 2004