Help: Small applet needed.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Josechu, Oct 25, 2003.

  1. Josechu

    Josechu Guest

    I need a graphic Java applet that makes the following steps:

    Given a circumference of radius "r",

    Draw onscreen, say, 20 random diameters.

    Then, every time you press a button:

    Rotate the 20 diameters a given random angle (same for everyone).

    Draw the new diameters.

    Note: The endpoints of the diameters should be stored in float arrays and
    drawn as float.

    I'm not very good at Java at the moment but I'd like to transform an old
    program from QBasic into a java applet and I think that this little
    framework is all I need.

    The program I want to transform is here:

    http://www.josechu.com/moving_fractal/index.htm

    Thanks,

    Josechu
    Josechu, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Josechu wrote:

    > I need a graphic Java applet that makes the following steps:
    >

    > Given a circumference of radius "r",
    >
    > Draw onscreen, say, 20 random diameters.
    >
    > Then, every time you press a button:
    >
    > Rotate the 20 diameters a given random angle (same for everyone).
    >
    > Draw the new diameters.
    >
    > Note: The endpoints of the diameters should be stored in float arrays and
    > drawn as float.
    >

    > I'm not very good at Java at the moment but I'd like to transform an old
    > program from QBasic into a java applet and I think that this little
    > framework is all I need.
    >
    > The program I want to transform is here:
    >
    > http://www.josechu.com/moving_fractal/index.htm

    Now do you have a specific question, or do you expect us to make it for you?

    --
    Regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren
    Christophe Vanfleteren, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Josechu

    Josechu Guest

    > Now do you have a specific question, or do you expect us to make it for
    you?

    I would like to have it done because when I try to do it I get strange
    compilation errors that I do not understand.

    Josechu
    Josechu, Oct 25, 2003
  4. Josechu wrote:

    >> Now do you have a specific question, or do you expect us to make it for

    > you?
    >

    > I would like to have it done because when I try to do it I get strange
    > compilation errors that I do not understand.
    >

    > Josechu

    Show us the errors. Show us the code you allready have.
    If someone here were just to make it for you, you probably wouldn't
    understand it either :)
    Btw. I do hope you realise that this newsgroup is for helping people with
    specific questions, and not a place where you can ask people to do your work
    for you.

    --
    Regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren
    Christophe Vanfleteren, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Josechu

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:13:15 +0200, "Josechu"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >I would like to have it done because when I try to do it I get strange
    >compilation errors that I do not understand.

    Either tell us what the messages are or look them up at
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/errormessages.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Oct 25, 2003