HELP... something in these few lines of HTML that will not validate at w3.org

Matt James

When trying to validate this page using w3.org, I get the following error
message, (which relates to the bit of code copied below).....

Line 238, column 23: start tag for "TR" omitted, but its declaration does
not permit this

I've tried all sorts... can someone tell me where I am going wrong ???

Many thanks in advance for your very kind help.

Cheers
Matt

cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" >
<FORM action="http://www.domainname.co.uk/search/ksearch.cgi" method="get"
name="search">
search... </span>
<INPUT name="terms" type="text"
class="formtext" onFocus="select(this);" value="" size=12>
<INPUT type="submit" class="formtext"
value="Search">
</FORM></td>