HELP... something in these few lines of HTML that will not validate at w3.org

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Matt James, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. Matt James

    Matt James Guest

    When trying to validate this page using w3.org, I get the following error
    message, (which relates to the bit of code copied below).....

    Line 238, column 23: start tag for "TR" omitted, but its declaration does
    not permit this

    I've tried all sorts... can someone tell me where I am going wrong ???

    Many thanks in advance for your very kind help.

    Cheers
    Matt

    cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" >
    <FORM action="http://www.domainname.co.uk/search/ksearch.cgi" method="get"
    name="search">
    search... </span>
    <INPUT name="terms" type="text"
    class="formtext" onFocus="select(this);" value="" size=12>
    <INPUT type="submit" class="formtext"
    value="Search">
    </FORM></td>

    Matt James, Jan 6, 2005