Help: Sort Date dg col , Add formatted field to a ds?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by JDP@Work, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. JDP@Work

    JDP@Work Guest

    I'm hoping that sorting my date columns on a SortDate column will enable correct
    date sorting, currently my datagrid is alpha sorting.

    I'm thinking that I want to add a field to my dataset that is my ondate
    (datetime) formatted as 20050218 as SortDate

    My dg column with the same name and DataField="SortDate" will be the
    SortExpression for my Date columns (I have two: ondate is the event date, and
    date is the born on date)

    I will then add a grid column bound to that new SortDate

    That brings up Q2, is there a way to format the date 02/18/2005 as 20050218 ?

    Any info or links welcomed...

    TIA

    JeffP...
    JDP@Work, Feb 19, 2005