HELP--spacing appearing in HTML email set from ASP (sporadically)

javelin

I support a website. When we send HTML emails from out system, we
generate a variable called "str". We set that str variable to the
objMail.htmlbody property of the mail object. Frequently, random
spaces appear in the email when it is received by the recipient,
however those spaces do not always appear in the same place (yet
frequently they do). additionally, we'll sometimes see some actual
HTML code in the final email, and usually shows up as a complete tab,
such as "<br>", or "< TD BGCOLOR='#FFFBF0'>".

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks.

javelin

it's impossible to fix code that can't be seen.

here's a guess; try using the "replace" function to resolve undesirable portions that appear repeatedly. Unique occurances will
have to be addressed in some other manner after the cause has been identified.

We actually tried that, but it doesn't work. It seems to have gone
away after complaining to the mail server provider, although they
claim to have made no changes. I'll have to wait a few weeks to see if
it happens again, as it is that far spread of an occurrence.

Thanks for the input.