Help: SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired

hb

Hi,

I got the "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. " error on
my web
application while saving some data.

Would you please tell me how to change the settings in SQL Server 2000 or
IIS to
increase the timeout?

Thank you

hb

Mike Moore [MSFT]

Hi,

This is controlled by the command object's CommandTimeout property. You can
use this to set the time (in seconds) to wait for the command to execute.
The default is 30 seconds.

Dim myCommand As New SqlCommand()
myCommand.CommandTimeout = 60

Does this answer your question?

Thank you, Mike
Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional

--------------------

hb

Mike,

Thank you for the help!

hb
"Mike Moore [MSFT]" said:
Hi,

This is controlled by the command object's CommandTimeout property. You can
use this to set the time (in seconds) to wait for the command to execute.
The default is 30 seconds.

Dim myCommand As New SqlCommand()
myCommand.CommandTimeout = 60

Does this answer your question?

Thank you, Mike
Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional

steps listed to improve your computer's security.