Help storing and Retrieving Images asp.net using vb.net

blackg

Here is the whole story. I have a table in my db call Products.
columns are: ProductID, Product, ProductImage. Now in the
Product.aspx page I want the visitor to be able to upload the Image
of their Product and insert it into the table. Because of DB space I
was thinking if it is possible to insert this Images into a folder in
the webserver. And when I want to display the Image I could use a link
to the folder where the Images are stored: I do not how to accomplish
this.

Thanks in advance

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

These two articles should answer most of your questions:

http://SteveOrr.net/articles/EasyUploads.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ImproveYourImages.aspx

blackg said:
Here is the whole story. I have a table in my db call Products.
columns are: ProductID, Product, ProductImage. Now in the
Product.aspx page I want the visitor to be able to upload the Image
of their Product and insert it into the table. Because of DB space I
was thinking if it is possible to insert this Images into a folder in
the webserver. And when I want to display the Image I could use a link
to the folder where the Images are stored: I do not how to accomplish
this.

Thanks in advance

blackg

Thank you for the article. It was well explained. Though I am trying
to figure out while I am having a login fail for user. I have never
use the sql connection drag and drop before. I am used to using
Dim connString As String = "Server=servername; Initial
Catalog=db_nameUID=usrname; Password=mypwd; Network
Library=dbmssocn;"

This article is well structured. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks a million