HELP: strange compilation error I have never seen before

David

I was experimenting with generating a Word file using ASP.NET, and lauching
the web app did not cause any problems.

Then out of the blue, this is happening to every asp.net app that I attempt
to launch on my machine. When I click on the "Show Complete Compilation
Source". this is what shows. Since it is happening to every ASP.NET app, I
think my machine has been seriously screwed up. Has anyone seen this?

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128.

Show Complete Compilation Source:

Line 1:
----
Line 2: // <autogenerated>
Line 3: // This code was generated by a tool.
Line 4: // Runtime Version: 1.1.4322.573
Line 5: //
Line 6: // Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will
be lost if
Line 7: // the code is regenerated.
Line 8: // </autogenerated>
Line 9:
----
Line 10:
Line 11: namespace ASP {
Line 12: using System;
Line 13: using System.Collections;
Line 14: using System.Collections.Specialized;
Line 15: using System.Configuration;
Line 16: using System.Text;
Line 17: using System.Text.RegularExpressions;
Line 18: using System.Web;
Line 19: using System.Web.Caching;
Line 20: using System.Web.SessionState;
Line 21: using System.Web.Security;
Line 22: using System.Web.UI;
Line 23: using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
Line 24: using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
Line 25:
Line 26:
Line 27:
[System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute()]
Line 28: public class Global_asax : ApplicantApp.Global {
Line 29:
Line 30: private static bool __initialized = false;
Line 31:
Line 32: public Global_asax() {
Line 33: if ((ASP.Global_asax.__initialized == false)) {
Line 34: ASP.Global_asax.__initialized = true;
Line 35: }
Line 36: }
Line 37: }
Line 38: }