    Can anyone provide me a simple example?

    Thank you,

    Gary

    L2XL, Oct 13, 2005

  2. L2XL

    Jeff Siver Guest

    Re: Support for Firefox & Linux

    First, make sure that your HTML is valid. Most of the issues I've seen are
    related to IE handling invalid HTML structures better than FireFox. It is
    also worth noting that depending upon how you use panels, those can cause
    ASP.NET to generated invalid HTML.

    I would then handle any exceptions with a case statement but there shouldn't
    be too many in my experience. Though having said that, I would also say
    that I don't use a ton of JavaScript so you might have more issues there.

    Jeff

    Jeff Siver, Oct 13, 2005

  3. L2XL

    Bruce Barker Guest

    Re: Support for Firefox & Linux

    besure your browsercaps file is uptodate or asp.net will not render width
    and height styles for firefox. also firefox uses w3c html 4.0 and CSS
    standards where IE doesn't conform (except IE on the mac).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Oct 13, 2005
  4. L2XL

    Jeff Sheldon Guest

    Re: Support for Firefox & Linux

    I haven't had much of a problem with developing applications that work in
    firefox and ie. I've found that if you develop for firefox, 9/10 it'll work
    in ie.
    There are some javascript issues, but I don't use that much, so it hasn't
    been a real issue. So I just set my default browser to firefox, and code
    away. Checking ie, every now and then to make sure it looks ok.

    Jeff Sheldon, Oct 13, 2005
  5. L2XL

    Guest

    I would go download Firefox and install the Tidy, WebdeveloperTools,
    and Javascript debugger. Between the three you should be able to get
    it to work on Firefox, which usualy will then make it compatable with
    NS and Safari

    , Oct 13, 2005