Help! syn2tlf -- Cadence timing library TLF4.4 models

xiaobin

Hello, there:

I am using Cadence PKS tools to synthesis VHDL designs. To do that, PKS asks
for TLF Timing Library. So, I use syn2tlf utility for that from synopsys
lib.

(1) But, as issuing the following, I got error message and syn2tlf just
stopped.

syn2tlf -format 4.4 -o typical.tlf typical.lib

(2) So, I had to give up TLF 4.4 models, then issued:

syn2tlf -format 4.3 -o typical.tlf typical.lib

syn2tlg.log goes :
Warning! Slew measured points have not been specified. Applications
[OI-SMNS]
will assume 40-60 as the slew measurement points.

Warning! Unspecified/zero capacitance value for input/inout
[DI-NOCAP]
pin/bus/bundle in cell(s).... ....

Then, after "read_tlf", PKS complained :
--> WARNING: No lower measured slew threshold for rising transition
specified,
assuming default value of 40% <TECHLIB-399>.
--> WARNING: No upper measured slew threshold for rising transition
specified,
assuming default value of 60% <TECHLIB-399>.
--> WARNING: No lower measured slew threshold for falling transition
specified,
assuming default value of 40% <TECHLIB-399>.
--> WARNING: No upper measured slew threshold for falling transition
specified,
assuming default value of 60% <TECHLIB-399>.
Info: Library 'typical' was loaded from file '/ece/...'.
Too much trouble!

Could anyone help me out with the two problems:

(1) Why not accpet "-format 4.4" ?

(2) How to specify those options in syn2tlf?

Thanks in advance!

-/X