Help! syn2tlf -- Cadence timing library TLF4.4 models

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by xiaobin, Apr 18, 2004.

  1. xiaobin

    xiaobin Guest

    Hello, there:

    I am using Cadence PKS tools to synthesis VHDL designs. To do that, PKS asks
    for TLF Timing Library. So, I use syn2tlf utility for that from synopsys
    lib.

    (1) But, as issuing the following, I got error message and syn2tlf just
    stopped.

    syn2tlf -format 4.4 -o typical.tlf typical.lib

    (2) So, I had to give up TLF 4.4 models, then issued:

    syn2tlf -format 4.3 -o typical.tlf typical.lib

    syn2tlg.log goes :
    Warning! Slew measured points have not been specified. Applications
    [OI-SMNS]
    will assume 40-60 as the slew measurement points.

    Warning! Unspecified/zero capacitance value for input/inout
    [DI-NOCAP]
    pin/bus/bundle in cell(s).... ....

    Then, after "read_tlf", PKS complained :
    --> WARNING: No lower measured slew threshold for rising transition
    specified,
    assuming default value of 40% <TECHLIB-399>.
    --> WARNING: No upper measured slew threshold for rising transition
    specified,
    assuming default value of 60% <TECHLIB-399>.
    --> WARNING: No lower measured slew threshold for falling transition
    specified,
    assuming default value of 40% <TECHLIB-399>.
    --> WARNING: No upper measured slew threshold for falling transition
    specified,
    assuming default value of 60% <TECHLIB-399>.
    Info: Library 'typical' was loaded from file '/ece/...'.
    Too much trouble!

    Could anyone help me out with the two problems:

    (1) Why not accpet "-format 4.4" ?

    (2) How to specify those options in syn2tlf?

    Thanks in advance!

    -/X

    xiaobin, Apr 18, 2004