Help the Flash guy with this JSP question... Please

Discussion in 'Java' started by Cyber_Dragon, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Cyber_Dragon

    Cyber_Dragon Guest

    Ok I am embedding a Flash piece inside of a JSP page as an embedded
    object. The flash piece gets two parms from the JSP page and then
    needs to make a HTTP call to an outside server sending XML and
    expecting XML back. When the flash piece is run in it's own HTML page
    it works fine. However when embedded inside the JSP page it does not
    seem to be able to communicate with the server. It seems to pick up a
    div tag or some HTML from the JSP page. Does JSP limit the
    accessibility of embedded objects? If so is there a way to allow this
    flash piece to go beyound that security? Is there ANY way to do
    this? I don't know JSP so I am asking for any suggestions on how this
    can be accomplished. The flash piece works find in its own HTML page.
    Can you load an HTML page ontop of a JSP page in a certain spot like
    umm say 400X400 and give it an X and Y cord? I don't want the user
    to see a new HTML page, but if this is the only solution then I may
    have to consider it. I would appreciate any info that can help shed
    light on this subject.

    Thanks in advance

    Cyber_Dragon, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Cyber_Dragon

    John Guest

    > Ok I am embedding a Flash piece inside of a JSP page as an embedded
    > object. The flash piece gets two parms from the JSP page and then
    > needs to make a HTTP call to an outside server sending XML and
    > expecting XML back. When the flash piece is run in it's own HTML page
    > it works fine. However when embedded inside the JSP page it does not
    > seem to be able to communicate with the server. It seems to pick up a
    > div tag or some HTML from the JSP page. Does JSP limit the
    > accessibility of embedded objects? If so is there a way to allow this
    > flash piece to go beyound that security? Is there ANY way to do
    > this? I don't know JSP so I am asking for any suggestions on how this
    > can be accomplished. The flash piece works find in its own HTML page.
    > Can you load an HTML page ontop of a JSP page in a certain spot like
    > umm say 400X400 and give it an X and Y cord? I don't want the user
    > to see a new HTML page, but if this is the only solution then I may
    > have to consider it. I would appreciate any info that can help shed
    > light on this subject.

    > Thanks in advance

    The JSP page has nothing to do with your flash. Post your code for the JSP
    page.

    John, Aug 4, 2003