help them with ddk

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by dajava, Oct 7, 2005.

  1. dajava

    dajava Guest

    I did not post my question for myself nor for my friends.

    Visit
    http://www.cryangel.ww.to/
    then you can see some graphics.
    They are from a 3-Dimentional Korean internet game called 'Yulhul Gang
    Ho' for MS-Windows and DirectX
    and cryangel site offers freewares which help its players
    You can download them here with no registered account.

    http://210.183.98.44/jhmouse/jhmouse_dn.php?PHPSESSID=7dc700b3e8553fe...

    or by choosing the right-most menu on top (the 4th from 'Q&A).

    Its admin/maintainer has a regular job and is not a professional
    computer programmer.
    Some others joined the project to help me but none of them are
    professional computer programmers, either.
    It is a hobby site by amatures though the site is famous among the game

    players.

    It is a simple program, for example, clicking right-mouse button on
    '200,200' every 0.3 seconds.
    Its probelm is that you cannot use your mouse for other purpose, say,
    to click on other players, monsters nor for menus.
    Therefore, its authors want to improve the freewares so that they press

    functions key instead of right-mouse buttons.
    Say, pressing F4 keys every 0.3 seconds.

    I have nothing to do with this kind of programming.
    And what I got from its author are these:

    1. He needs to know ddk.
    2. ddk is for 'virtual keyboard'.

    Now as a its user, I want to search any free resources for him.

    The following is what he sent to me :

    - snip -

    I used C++ MFC

    - snip -

    a sample is here :

    ::LeftMouseClick(){ // 200,200

    mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN, 200, 200, NULL, NULL);
    mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP, 200, 200, NULL, NULL);

    }

    - snip -

    Any suitable forum or site for this matter?

    dajava,

    P.S.
    I cannot organize my thougt well
    as I do not know this area.
    dajava, Oct 7, 2005

  2. dajava <> wrote:

    > 1. He needs to know ddk.
    > 2. ddk is for 'virtual keyboard'.

    > Any suitable forum or site for this matter?

    (Not this one, in any case. Google - use it, love it.)

    Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Oct 7, 2005

  3. dajava

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT, redirect] help them with ddk

    "dajava" <> wrote in message
    >I did not post my question for myself nor for my friends.
    >
    > Visit
    > http://www.cryangel.ww.to/
    > then you can see some graphics.
    > They are from a 3-Dimentional Korean internet game called 'Yulhul Gang
    > Ho' for MS-Windows and DirectX
    > Any suitable forum or site for this matter?

    Not here. This group is only for discussion of the ISO
    standard C language.

    If this is a Windows application, a good place to start might
    be newsgroup comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32. Also note
    that www.msdn.microsoft.com is the official definitive resource
    for all things Windows. 'SDK's, 'DDK's etc. can be downloaded
    from there, or ordered on a CD.

    Finally, remember that Google is your friend. :)

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 7, 2005
  4. dajava

    dajava Guest

    Mike Wahler wrote:
    > "dajava" <> wrote in message
    > >I did not post my question for myself nor for my friends.
    > >
    > > Visit
    > > http://www.cryangel.ww.to/
    > > then you can see some graphics.
    > > They are from a 3-Dimentional Korean internet game called 'Yulhul Gang
    > > Ho' for MS-Windows and DirectX
    > > Any suitable forum or site for this matter?

    > Not here. This group is only for discussion of the ISO
    > standard C language.
    >
    > If this is a Windows application, a good place to start might
    > be newsgroup comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32. Also note
    > that www.msdn.microsoft.com is the official definitive resource
    > for all things Windows. 'SDK's, 'DDK's etc. can be downloaded
    > from there, or ordered on a CD.
    >
    > Finally, remember that Google is your friend. :)
    >
    > -Mike

    Oh, thanks

    dajava,
    dajava, Oct 7, 2005
  5. dajava

    dajava Guest

    Hi,

    the C programming language, as defined
    by the ANSI/ISO language standard???

    Was it the C I studied in the USA more than 20 years ago?

    I used to have a book whose front cover had BIG 'C' by Rityc?? and
    ?????

    I used it on IBM XT for MS-DOS
    ..
    At that time, I did not have a seperate editor for the C
    therefore I used WordStar 3.3 :(

    I used C on VAX 11/ 780 for one semester, too.
    The Vax machine had Berkely Unix.
    Was it "the C programming language, as defined
    by the ANSI/ISO language standard???"

    Oh, I just got to remember the C I used on IBM XT was
    *MIX C*. I bought a book titled "MIX C" with a diskette containing a C
    complier.
    I pay USD $ 10 more than 20 years ago.
    Advanced edition of MIX C was *Power C* in my remembrance. Ha ha ah!

    I have had nothing to do with C since then.
    And, it seems that there are many C's or C compliers these days
    just baffeling a person who knows only the ANSI/ISO C.

    Just a small talk, bros!

    dajava,
    dajava, Oct 7, 2005
  6. dajava

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "dajava" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > the C programming language, as defined
    > by the ANSI/ISO language standard???

    ... is the topic of comp.lang.c

    > Was it the C I studied in the USA more than 20 years ago?

    No. C was standardized by ANSI in 1989, and most recently
    updated by ISO in 1999.

    > I used to have a book whose front cover had BIG 'C' by Rityc?? and
    > ?????

    Perhaps it was "The C Programming Language", by Brian Kernighan
    and Dennis Ritchie. There are two editions of that book. The
    first is hopelessly out of date, the second is still considered
    useful by many (it reflects the 1989 standard, which is still
    in wide use).

    > I used it on IBM XT for MS-DOS

    Standard C is platform-neutral.

    > .
    > At that time, I did not have a seperate editor for the C
    > therefore I used WordStar 3.3 :(

    The C language has nothing to say about editors. It only
    makes requirements about the form of the text in translation
    units (which are always 'plain text').

    > I used C on VAX 11/ 780 for one semester, too.
    > The Vax machine had Berkely Unix.

    Standard C is platform-neutral.

    > Was it "the C programming language, as defined
    > by the ANSI/ISO language standard???"

    If it was prior to 1989, then no. If after, perhaps.

    > Oh, I just got to remember the C I used on IBM XT was
    > *MIX C*. I bought a book titled "MIX C" with a diskette containing a C
    > complier.

    That is a particular implementation. I don't know if it
    did (or does) comply with any standard.

    Also note that many implementations which are standard compliant
    often supply additional 'extensions' to the language and its
    standard library, typically for taking advantage of platform
    specific features. Many folks (especially novices) fail to
    distinguish between the standard and nonstandard elements
    of a C implementation.

    > I pay USD $ 10 more than 20 years ago.

    The cost of given implementations can vary widely. I would hope
    that the cost would at least approximately reflect the quality
    (but of course that's not always true).

    > Advanced edition of MIX C was *Power C* in my remembrance. Ha ha ah!
    >
    > I have had nothing to do with C since then.

    Sounds like you need an update then. See the peer reviews at
    www.accu.org for some ideas on recommended reading.

    > And, it seems that there are many C's or C compliers these days

    There is one official 'standard C', that defined by ISO 9899:1999.
    It's predecessor, defined by ISO 9899:1989 is still in wide use.

    There are also many 'hybrids' and 'dialects' in use which are
    not considered standard, but often useful in many environments.

    > just baffeling a person who knows only the ANSI/ISO C.

    Rare (and imo limited in effectiveness) is the professional programmer
    who only knows a single language (standardized or not), or only
    a single variant of a given language.

    > Just a small talk, bros!

    Perhaps you've made the erroneous assumption that anyone participating
    in comp.lang.c limits himself to using only standard C, or to a single
    language. It is *this newsgroup*, not the people posting here, which
    has its scope limited to ISO standard C. This is how Usenet works:
    one group, one topic (and perhaps subtopics).

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 7, 2005
  7. dajava

    dajava Guest

    Mike Wahler wrote:
    > "dajava" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > the C programming language, as defined
    > > by the ANSI/ISO language standard???

    > .. is the topic of comp.lang.c
    >

    > > Was it the C I studied in the USA more than 20 years ago?

    > No. C was standardized by ANSI in 1989, and most recently
    > updated by ISO in 1999.
    >

    > > I used to have a book whose front cover had BIG 'C' by Rityc?? and
    > > ?????

    > Perhaps it was "The C Programming Language", by Brian Kernighan
    > and Dennis Ritchie. There are two editions of that book. The
    > first is hopelessly out of date, the second is still considered
    > useful by many (it reflects the 1989 standard, which is still
    > in wide use).

    - snip-

    > > Oh, I just got to remember the C I used on IBM XT was
    > > *MIX C*. I bought a book titled "MIX C" with a diskette containing a C
    > > complier.

    > That is a particular implementation. I don't know if it
    > did (or does) comply with any standard.

    I got these links by searching.

    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/us...serid=PQ0lluJCRa&WID=8511637&TTL=mix c&Itm=12

    Title:
    Mix C Full K & R Standard C Compiler W/ Disk

    Author:
    Mix Software

    Condition:
    Very Good >

    Comments:
    1987 Soft Cover Very Good W/ 5. 25 disk, appears 5. 25 disk was copied
    to a 3. 5 disk included, full featured compiler.

    For power C :

    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/us...ID=5424211&TTL=power c&CNT=mix software&Itm=1

    > Also note that many implementations which are standard compliant
    > often supply additional 'extensions' to the language and its
    > standard library, typically for taking advantage of platform
    > specific features. Many folks (especially novices) fail to
    > distinguish between the standard and nonstandard elements
    > of a C implementation.
    >
    > > I pay USD $ 10 more than 20 years ago.

    > The cost of given implementations can vary widely. I would hope
    > that the cost would at least approximately reflect the quality
    > (but of course that's not always true).
    >
    > > Advanced edition of MIX C was *Power C* in my remembrance. Ha ha ah!
    > >
    > > I have had nothing to do with C since then.

    - snip-

    > -Mike

    dajava,
    dajava, Oct 8, 2005