Help to convert VB.net code

id10t error

I am making an ASP.net page where a user has a hand-held scanner
running Internet Explorer. It has a finger scanner attached. When the
user scans an item i want it to automatically input the data without
the user pressing enter. I did this for another project in vb.net with
the following coded
If Asc(e.KeyChar) = Keys.Enter Then

I tried to copy this into the asp.net program and get this error.
'KeyChar' is not member of'System.eventArgs'

How can i get this to work?