help to create a program,gui calendar...

Discussion in 'Java' started by os2, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. os2

    os2 Guest

    hi

    i program a little bite in java, i don't have created a lot of gui in
    java

    i would like to create a program who will create a calendar

    example i write the year, i choose an image for each month and the
    calendar is generated...

    i could create a class month
    with image , color... attributes

    surely a class years:

    i don't know which component to use for the day in the month... and
    the image

    say me if you have any idea who could help me to create this project

    thank
    os2, Apr 13, 2004

  2. os2

    os2 Guest

    (os2) wrote in message news:<>...
    > hi
    >
    > i program a little bite in java, i don't have created a lot of gui in
    > java
    >
    > i would like to create a program who will create a calendar
    >
    > example i write the year, i choose an image for each month and the
    > calendar is generated...
    >

    > i could create a class month
    > with image , color... attributes
    >
    > surely a class years:
    >
    > i don't know which component to use for the day in the month... and
    > the image
    >
    > say me if you have any idea who could help me to create this project
    >

    > thank

    any idea?
    os2, Apr 15, 2004

  3. os2

    Martin Guest

    (os2) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (os2) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > hi
    > >
    > > i program a little bite in java, i don't have created a lot of gui in
    > > java
    > >
    > > i would like to create a program who will create a calendar
    > >
    > > example i write the year, i choose an image for each month and the
    > > calendar is generated...
    > >

    > > i could create a class month
    > > with image , color... attributes
    > >
    > > surely a class years:
    > >
    > > i don't know which component to use for the day in the month... and
    > > the image
    > >
    > > say me if you have any idea who could help me to create this project
    > >

    > > thank

    > any idea?

    I suggest to separate the data (as well as calendar-data-structures)
    from the user-interface. At some point you're gonna run into trouble
    if you mix up data (like appointments or just 'Monday', 'Tuesday'...)
    with images, colors etc.

    Instead, think of a good interface between both tiers.

    Martin
    Martin, Apr 15, 2004