    Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 49, pp. 67-91, Jan. 1961.

    Thank you.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Weng Tianxiang

    Eric Smith Guest

    "Weng Tianxiang" <> writes:
    > I appreciate if you can help me get the copy of the following two
    > papers:

    There's this thing called a library... the cool thing about it is that
    there are a whole bunch of them, scattered throughout the world...

    Eric Smith, Apr 7, 2005

  3. Weng Tianxiang

    Guest

    http://bwrc.eecs.berkeley.edu/Classes/icdesign/ee241_s00/PAPERS/

    > O. L. MacSorley, "High-speed arthmetic in binary computers,"
    > Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 49, pp. 67-91, Jan. 1961.

    Reprinted in "Computer Arithmetic" by Swartzlander 1990.

    -t

    , Apr 7, 2005
  4. Weng Tianxiang

    Leon Heller Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Weng Tianxiang wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I appreciate if you can help me get the copy of the following two
    >> papers:
    >> A. D. Booth, "A signed binary multiplication technique,"
    >> Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, pp. 236-240,
    >> June 1951

    > http://bwrc.eecs.berkeley.edu/Classes/icdesign/ee241_s00/PAPERS/

    Interesting. I studied at the same institution as the eponymous Booth, I
    never knew that they developed their own computer in the '50s.

    Leon
    --
    Leon Heller, G1HSM
    http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

    Leon Heller, Apr 7, 2005
  5. t,
    Thank you very much.

    Could you help to locate the second paper:
    "O. L. MacSorley, "High-speed arithmetic in binary computers"
    Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 49, pp. 67-91, Jan. 1961. "

    The paper develops a new method called 'Modified Booth Algorithm'. It
    should be at the UCB library.
    Could someone transfer the second copy to me:

    It may belong to 'Password Area'.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Apr 7, 2005