Help trace runtime error

Discussion in 'Java' started by Asad Khan, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. Asad Khan

    Asad Khan Guest

    Hi,

    I wrote a few methods in a class, and I am using someone else's code that
    interfaces with the database. I created some test classes, and when I run
    it, I get the following error:

    *********************C:\Program Files\DrJAVA
    org.jdom.JDOMException: SAX2 driver class
    org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found: SAX2 driver class
    org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found
    at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:323)
    at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:340)
    at database.Database.interpretConfig(Database.java:84)
    at database.Database.connect(Database.java:53)

    so on and so forth. I have added JAR files in DR JAVA (the IDE I'm using)
    but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas what's going on?

    BTW, I'm running J2SE (1.4.x).

    Thanks.
    Asad Khan, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Asad Khan wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I wrote a few methods in a class, and I am using someone else's code that
    > interfaces with the database. I created some test classes, and when I run
    > it, I get the following error:
    >
    > *********************C:\Program Files\DrJAVA
    > org.jdom.JDOMException: SAX2 driver class
    > org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found: SAX2 driver class
    > org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found
    > at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:323)
    > at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:340)
    > at database.Database.interpretConfig(Database.java:84)
    > at database.Database.connect(Database.java:53)
    >
    > so on and so forth. I have added JAR files in DR JAVA (the IDE I'm using)
    > but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas what's going on?
    >
    > BTW, I'm running J2SE (1.4.x).
    >
    > Thanks.

    It is very simple, you do not have the xerces parser in your classpath.

    Are you sure that xercesImpl.jar or something like that is in your classpath?
    And what JDK are you using? The way the xml parsers are found/used have
    changed with JDK 1.4.

    --
    Regards,
    Christophe Vanfleteren