Help! Trying to use Jakarta httpclient with NetBeans

Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm building a Java applet that needs to communicate with a web server via http and I've been told that the Jakarta httpclient class is a pretty clean way to do it. But for the life of me, I can't get the thing installed.

I got the .zip file from the Jakarta website and have it in a directory on my desktop. I've unzipped it and it's full of directories and files. I can see .html doc files and .java source for the classes I want to use.

However, no matter how many different ways I try it, I can't add this to NetBeans as a library. It looks like I've added it (you can see all the items in the browser) but any references to those classes in my code show as errrors. I've done alt+shift+F to resolve the imports and the import statement that is generated is ITSELF shown as an error (no such package).

What more do I need to do? Any ideas?