    would be very greatful

    Thanks

    , May 11, 2007

    On May 11, 1:17 pm, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been given the following PDF by fish 4. I do virtual tours for
    > a company and when i have completed them the final product is a html
    > file. Fish4 want us to use XML's and i havent a clue really on
    > understanding it all. If anyone can make sense of the following PDF, I
    > would be very greatful
    >
    > Thanks

    Sorry forgot to put link to PDF http://uploadsinfo.fish4.co.uk/gold/docs/fish4MMO_Gold_Provision.pdf

    , May 11, 2007

  3. Andy Dingley Guest

    On 11 May, 13:20, wrote:

    > > I do virtual tours for
    > > a company and when i have completed them the final product is a html
    > > file. Fish4 want us to use XML's

    It looks like an unusually well written document of its type. I've
    never worked with fish4, but I wish _my_ commercial partners could
    document so well!

    However it doesn't appear to have any facility for embedding a virtual
    tour _as_HTML_. It takes attachments as images or PDFs, but not a
    content markup language like HTML. Thinking about it, I can
    understand why -- it would be technically difficult for someone like
    fish4 to integrate such a thing. If they did so, they'd have to write
    a _lot_ more specification of how to do it, or else simplify such a
    virtual tour into a rigid schema and ask for it to be submitted
    through a protocol such as RSS.

    Andy Dingley, May 11, 2007
  4. Their doc claims "Virtual tours, PDF brochure links, floor-plans (...)
    plus unlimited images accepted via Gold image uploads." The only other
    mention of this is "virtual tour buttons".

    I'd suggest you contact them directly and ask them to explain why
    there's no further discussion of virtual tours. It may be that you have
    to rewrite the tour into a sequence which can be described in their
    markup language, abandoning the HTML and focusing on the content.

    Joseph Kesselman, May 11, 2007