Help(urgent) needed for the Framework 3.5 and machine.config.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rKrishna2k6@gmail.com, Oct 6, 2008.

  1. Guest

    We used to run our application on framework 1.1 and upgraded to 3.5
    recently(I understood 2.0 and 3.5 are same except for the few add In
    s)

    Our Prod environment is on Win 2003 & IIS 6.0 and server(s) is built
    with 4 CPUs & 4GB RAM.

    Based on Microsoft thread pool recommendations we have the following
    Machine.config entries..

    <processModel
    enable="true"
    timeout="Infinite"
    idleTimeout="Infinite"
    shutdownTimeout="0:00:05"
    requestLimit="Infinite"
    requestQueueLimit="5000"
    restartQueueLimit="10"
    memoryLimit="60"
    webGarden="false"
    cpuMask="0xffffffff"
    userName="XXXX"
    password="XXXXX"
    logLevel="Errors"
    clientConnectedCheck="0:00:05"
    comAuthenticationLevel="Connect"
    comImpersonationLevel="Impersonate"
    responseDeadlockInterval="00:03:00"
    maxWorkerThreads="100"
    maxIoThreads="100"
    />

    <httpRuntime
    executionTimeout="90"
    maxRequestLength="4096"
    useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false"
    minFreeThreads="352"
    minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4"
    appRequestQueueLimit="100"
    enableVersionHeader="true"
    />

    <connectionManagement>
    <add address="*"
    maxconnection="48"
    />

    But with framework upgrade I couldnt see anyof these entries in
    machine.config.
    Can I add all of the above in the framework 3.5 machine.config file???

    httpRuntime node is not even present in latest machine.config, my
    question is can I add it under system.web element???

    Thanks in advance.
    , Oct 6, 2008

  2. bruce barker Guest

    a general cleanup of machine.config was done in framework 2.0. to make its
    smaller, all default values were removed, and are documented in
    machine.config.comments. also machine.confifg was broken into serveral files.
    there is now a web.config.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 6, 2008

    Thanks for the reply.

    Information you provided explains about ProcessModel element default
    values.
    Please tell me can I include missing httpRuntime and
    connectionManagement Nodes in the new machine.config file with the
    suggested(microsoft thread pool settings) values??
    , Oct 6, 2008